Saturday, 4 August 2012

...and another thing I've been wondering lately..(Hoodoo Gurus)

The adventure of living in Australia goes on. I just ate kangaroo for the first time. Thought as I was in Aus I’d better hop to it (sorry) . Actually you have to cook it quickly so it doesn't get too tough. Very dark and gamey, a bit like deer really.

So I went for a beer with my Aussie mate in the local pub last night.

ME: ‘So do you want a pint?’

CW: ‘Aww yea-na, na-yea, I’ll just have a pot.’

ME: ‘Here we go again – a what?

CW: ‘A pot.’

ME: ‘You want your beer in a metal pot that you cook things in, handle and all?

CW: ‘Aye, what? Na – just a small glass.’

ME: ‘Then what was that about the pot then?’

CW: ‘That what we call em! Glasses are pots! What’s hard about that?’

..and i thought learning Chinese was difficult.

Daz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.