It's been about a month since I last tried to find someone to teach me how to make coffee for round about the price of free and stunningly enough I managed to do it. So God bless Blue Bradley, Jason Baird, Leon and a few others. I am starting to see after all the technical processes it quickly becomes a practiced art and a lot harder than I thought. It's kind of fun too sifting through all the conflicting information.
Barista 1:...you should never ever....
Barista 2:...what I like to do after tamping the grind is give it a little twist...
Barista 1:...ever ever...
Barista 3:...when tamping the grind don't twist it as you lift it off...
Barista 1:...ever, ever...
Barista 4: ...and when you tamp the grind give it a little twist at the end...
Barista 1: ...ever, ever twist it at the end!
The cafe I will be working in in China has been open for well over a week now and sadly I won't be able to join them for at least another 6 months until all my training is over. Never mind at least I'll get some practice in other people's cafes...but that's another blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.